Sunday, March 17, 2024

Garage Works - 3/17/2024

The ocean took some tax today.  I hit bottom trying to get out (three times) and I think the leash knocked off one of the Minx diffusers.

I took all of the three remaining diffusers off and epoxied them back on along with the spare that came with the kit.


I hope the epoxy that came with the kit is good stuff.


And speaking of epoxy, I got the mast track block installed on Matt's board tonight (falling temperatures are more important if the temps are up in the daytime).

I'll get the top polyurethane blocks installed tomorrow.  I may also hit Fiberglass Hawaii tomorrow to grab the pigment and carbon for the upcoming lamination job (which I should be able to get to this week in the evenings... depends on the wind which right now is forecasted to increase).


I didn't take any pictures, but I got these two foils patched up.  I knew better...


And last but not least, I addressed the scratches that were on the DW190.  There is a chip on the trailing edge that I couldn't completely negate.  The deep scratches are also still visible.


But overall not a bad tuning - this thing should be in stealth mode now.


This is the bottom surface.  You can still see the deep scratch and the chip on the trailing edge.


That was actually a lot of stuff happening - it went by quick though (I guess that means I was having fun).

No comments: