Thursday, March 28, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/28/2024

Strong winds were forecasted for this afternoon.


I set up the Eagle 890/DW190 on No.32


And based on what I was seeing on the water when I got to the beach, I pumped up the SW2 4.2


It wasn't nuking when I launched, but it did ramp up significantly as the session went on.  So much so that I could have easily been on the 3.6

The waves were there, but they didn't have a ton of energy.  Still it was enough to have a great session.


Norm actually fell into his wing and ripped the canopy/popped the middle strut.  Prayot, Roland and I tried to figure out how to get the wing back to the beach, but it proved too hard based on not being able to open the leading edge inflation valve.


That straight downwind line was me chasing down the wing before we found out about the technical difficulties.

Nice strong winds!!!  


Conditions were challenging - I only got 19.8mph from the Eagle 890... 


I went in earlier - to check in with Norm.

Prayot and Roland stayed out longer.


High tide in the late afternoon - gotta love it and nuking winds!!!

W:39/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: