Friday, March 22, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/22/2024

Another day of weird winds.  It was either nuking - or almost dead.


It's really hard to rig for days like today.  I really wanted to try out the North Mode Pro 4.8, but it just didn't seem like it would work out.  I figured I'd pump up the SW2 5.2 and ride the Eagle 890


Bigger engine, higher gearing.  I also wanted to get the stabilizer wet (just picked this up from Jeff today - I gave him back the loaner, this is my permanent one).  To pick up foiling speed faster, I used No.34


I needed to get home so I didn't want to be out too long (getting stuck in afternoon traffic is not good).  Good stats for the session!


There were no waves - at - all.

So hung out on the inside and got in some speed runs.


Really hard to rig for conditions like this...


Pretty good top speed!


I am also committing to being proficient at toe-side tacks this year.  I forced myself to throw a couple - and I made them.  The more I do them, the easier it will get.  Just need a foil with great glide and power in the wing.

Should be stronger again tomorrow - I really want to try the North....

W:34/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: