Saturday, March 30, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/30/2024

In the afternoon, Harris said he would be at Hickam and would have a F One Strike V4 demo from Jeff.  I figured why not give it a spin.

By the time I got there, Harris was in and packing up.  Jesse was also there and had just finished a tow boogie session.

I setup No.34 with the Eagle 1090/DW210 - I did not want to have to swim in...


As the wind was light, I passed on the Strike V4 demo (was a 5.0), and pumped up the North Mode Pro 5.5.  I went with the 5.5 instead of the 6.8 because I had a feeling that there would be some decently strong gusts.


The wind was definitely shakey...

I did manage to touch on every to do point I had - made some speed runs, got in a toe-side tack (to build muscle memory), and even got to ride some waves.


With the up and down wind, riding today was challenging - which makes it fun.


The North Mode Pro acts like a much smaller wing - not a grunty low-end power house, but once pressurized it does get up and go well.  But it shines on the top end - just keeps going!

With the wind the way it was, I'm glad I brought the 5.5 instead of the 6.8


And this was surprising - 22.8 mph on the F One Eagle 1090!!!


I did pull a toe-side tack towards the end of the session - practice makes perfect!

W:41/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: