Monday, March 4, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/4/2024

Nick and I got a winging session in at Kailua this afternoon.




When we were setting up, there were white caps blowing around.  Based on that I figured I'd bolt on the Eagle 890 and pump up the SW2 4.7

Nick went with the Cab Mantis 6 and the HA1325 


I charged my watch on the way over to Kailua - it didn't last.  I did get data for the first half the session. 


The wind kept getting lighter - then a gust would come through to entice you to stay out longer.  The waves were unbreaking rollers - still fun when you try to ride them while keeping the wing barely engaged.


Yup - pretty much what was going on.  I was able to stay in the wind line for the most part.  I did come off foil a couple of times.  The last one I had to aim right for shore and make a last second jibe to stay out of the shallows - all in the name of not doing the walk of shame.


I'm pretty sure I got faster than this...


The second half of the session - there were more kite foilers out than wingers.  There were 9m, 7m and 5m kites out - so much for me trying to figure it out by observing.


Awesome time winging with Nick!  And being at Kailua in the evening on a weekday - that never happens! 

W:24/FD:15/F:4/S:8

No comments: