Friday, March 29, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/29/2024

There was still wind today.  When I got to the beach, Prayot was already out.

The wind was up and down, but it looked completely doable on a larger wing.  I pumped up the SW2 5.2

For the foil, I fixed the C200 rear stabilizer so I wanted to test it out - I bolted on the SK8 950 


I have to admit, it is kinda cool when I see more than one of my boards out at a time.  Prayot has been using the one I built him more lately because his ankle is still hurt.


I really love this foil!!!  So smooth and carvey


Prayot had the Vyper 150 bolted on.


I didn't want to be out too late - and the wind was kinda shakey so I called it after a little over an hour.


The waves were small - but with the wind largely up, I was able to ride through the Cabins break without dropping off foil.

At one point the wind did drop off so pretty much everyone - Duke, Roland, Prayot (but not Eli) had to wait for the wind to pick back up.


This is Hickam's chart - it didn't feel that strong at WPB, but this was the general pattern.


Not a bad session!!!


There is a break in the wind forecasted - should let me get some things done around the house (Matt's board, resecuring the gutters, edging the grass, starting No.36)

W:40/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: